Okay, so I have confession. I can hide it no longer: I’m a closet Banting/LCHF dieter.
At least I’m trying to be.
Admittedly, I’m not yet a complete high-fat convert – I’m sorry, but butter in tea?!? Seriously, I’m not a Tibetian yak herder; so thanks, but no thanks. I have, however, taken to a reduced carb diet and have developed a new obsession as a result of an increased fat intake – miso butter!
Simple and insanely tasty, miso butter is a must-have staple in everybody’s freezer – whether you subscribe to Banting or not. Quick to make, the miso butter ‘log’ can sit in your freezer almost indefinitely. Not that it will last that long as you will probably end up eating it with everything!
Great on grilled steaks, vegetables, grilled chicken and burgers – miso butter will perk up virtually any meal.
- 250g soft butter
- 100g miso (white or red)
- 1/2 tbsp. light soya sauce
- 2 tbsp. chives, finely chopped
- Combine all the ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Place the butter mixture onto some cling film and roll up into a sausage shape
- Place on a flat surface in your freezer and chill until solid (a couple of hours should do it)
- Just before serving, slice the butter log into 1cm slices
- Flame with a blowtorch until brown and partially melted